Local Business Assistance & Resources
Here are resources and contacts that can help people interested in starting a small business, selling a current business or considering capital improvements to a business.
Small Business Development Centers
- Southwest Community Action Program (SWCAP) – Call 608-935-2326
- Southwest Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Contact – Phone 608-381-2352.
Small Business Administration
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Home Page
- Expanding a Business (SBA information)
- Financing a Business (SBA information)
- Starting a Business (SBA information)
- Writing Your Business Plan (SBA information)
Regional Economic Development
- Prosperity Southwest Wisconsin
- Start in Wisconsin Start In Wisconsin is the premier network for local businesses.
- Alliant Energy
- Boscobel Economic Development – Misty Molzof, 1006 Wisconsin Ave, Boscobel, WI 53805, 608-375-5001
- Business Loans and Technical Assistance (Impact 7)
- Fennimore Economic & Industrial Development – Linda Parrish, Promotions Coordinator, 850 Lincoln Avenue, Fennimore, WI 53809 608-822-3599 or 1-800-822-1131
- Wisconsin Fast Forward
- Northeast Iowa Community College – Calmar, Iowa
- Platteville Area Industrial Development – Ela Kakde, Executive Director, P.O. Box 252, Platteville, WI 53818 Phone 608-348-3050
- Platteville Main Street Program – Contact Program Manager at 608-348-4505 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCORE Business/Entrepreneur Counselors, Madison
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC)
- Southwest Wisconsin Job Centers
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (SWTC) – Fennimore. Contact Amy Charles at 608-822-2324 or E-Mail: email@example.com
- Southwestern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
- University of Wisconsin – Platteville – Dr. Wayne Weber, Dean, School of Business Industry, Life Sciences and Agriculture, University of Wisconsin-Platteville, 1 University Plaza, Platteville, WI 53818, 608-342-1547
- UW Extension – Grant County – Funding resource guide for Grant County Cities, Villages and Towns, including Entrepreneurs and Start-Up Businesses
- WBD, Inc. a non-profit organization providing business owners access to the Small Business Administration 504 loan.
- Wisconsin Innovation Service Center (WISC) – Assistance with inventions & new products
- Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Program (WMEP)