Grant County WI Day Trips
Grant County Wisconsin has local attractions for every interest. If you are looking for a day trip idea, we invite you to visit some of these local sites.
Round and Polygonal Barns of Grant County WI
Link to a complete listing of Round and Polygonal Barns in Wisconsin.
Grant County WI Great River Road
Travel the Great River Road in Grant County WI and enjoy 57 miles of Mississippi River Shoreline! Stop at one of the observation areas and watch the birds on the Mississippi Flyway, the river barges and the local fishermen and boating enthusiasts. Enjoy the quaint towns along the route and visit the historical sites and tourism locations. Grant County has outdoor activities for every interest! See the Wisconsin Great River Road website for more information about all the interesting communities along the National Scenic Byway.
Grant County Civil War Era Monuments and Museum
- Grant County Courthouse Civil War Monument, Lancaster
- Governor Nelson Dewey Monument, Lancaster
- Pleasant Ridge African American Settlement Marker 1, rural Lancaster
- Pleasant Ridge African American Settlement Cemetery Marker, rural Lancaster
- The Cunningham Museum, Lancaster
The annual Muskets & Memories Re-enactment and GAR Heritage Encampment is now called Reliving Our Heritage. The new event is held in Boscobel the first full weekend in August. Reliving our Heritage For information, contact Jean Patten at 608-485-1611.
Grant County Wineries, Breweries and Vineyards
- Sinnipee Valley Vineyard – Cuba City
- Hawks Mill Winery – Browntown
- Whispering Winds Winery – Fennimore
- Spurgeon Vineyards – Highland
- Weggy Winery – Muscoda
- Whispering Bluffs Winery – Potosi
- Potosi Brewery – Potosi
Download the 2018 SW Trail Brochure (1.5 Mb)