ATV and UTV Routes in Grant County WI (County Roads)
On March 20, 2018, the Grant County Board voted to open all “County” roads to ATV/UTV traffic. These are roads designated with letters. In communities where the city is responsible for road care, the route stops at the edge of the city unless ATV routes are signed and approved. There may be further updates so you are advised to check on the status. Please remember that all roads must still be “signed” for ATV to be legal to drive on.
Remember that only those County Roads designated with signs as ATV/ UTV routes are legal to travel on in Grant County. Please follow the designated routes and comply with all laws to assure the trail system will continue.
ATV Registration questions: Please contact the DNR at 1-888-936-7463 or go online at dnr.wi.gov/permits.
Township and City Maps
City of Lancaster Trail Map
Use the designated streets only. Violations will result in loss of access.
City of Hazel Green Trail Map (official map will be coming soon)
- Auto speed limit, unless otherwise posted. You must observe signed speed limits.
- No ATV/UTV may be operated on any designated route without fully functional headlights, tail-lights, and brake lights.
- ATV/UTV’s may be operated on paved roadway surfaces only.
- No ATV/UTV may be operated on any designated route between the hours of 1:00 A.M. to 5:00 A.M. daily.
- No person under the age of sixteen (16) may operate an ATV/UTV on any designated route.
- No person under the age of eighteen (18) may operate an ATV/UTV on any designated route unless wearing approved protective head gear.
- No ATV/UTV may be operated on any designated route which ATV/UTV does not meet all applicable Wisconsin State noise pollution standards
- All occupants in an UTV are required to wear a seat belt.
- Grant County ATV/UTV Routes are open year round.
- No open intoxicants are allowed while operating on, or as a passenger in, any ATV or UTV on any road or approved ATV-UTV route within Grant County.
View the DNR ATV Regulations.
2019 ATV/UTV Route Maps are available. Call 608-822-3501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an official printed map. Maps are also available at tourist locations and supporting businesses throughout the county.
River Ridge Runners Club – Contact: 608-330-1173 for info.
Cassville – Beetown – Glen Haven Area Ridge Runners – Contact 608-778-2341
Cuba City – Hazel Green Area Ghost Riders – Contact – 608-599-5362
Kieler – Dickeyville Area – Contact – 608-568-3600
Livingston – Montfort Area SWAT – Contact – 608-574-7649
Platteville – Platteville ATV/UTV Enthusiast Club – Contact 608-778-2067
Potosi – Tennyson Area River Lane – Contact – 608-778-4272